Marketing and Branding
When a company is not earning sufficient profit, the problem is usually in one of two areas: Either the company has operational deficiencies that keep it from attracting and keeping customers, or it is failing to get the message out about its offering. Some of the most common problems in marketing and branding include:
- Targeting the wrong customers
- Failing to communicate the right messages
- Inconsistency and lack of focus (we call it ADD advertising)
- Inadequate selling activity
- And the big one - underfunding or spending marketing dollars on the wrong things
Marketing, branding, promotion, public relations, advertising, and selling are all elements of the overall marketing discipline. Different strategies require these elements in differing quantities, much like pancakes, cookies, bread, and glue all use water, flour, and sugar in different ways to achieve different results. Get your best message out to the right people and start spending your marketing dollars wisely. MentorWerx classes in marketing and branding will help.